Monday, September 13, 2010

Pooch Pool Party

At the end of every summer the waterpark close to our home has a Pooch Pool Party before they drain the pools. I have known about this for a few years now but it always passed us by. Not this year! I made sure to put it on my calendar because I knew Macy would LOVE it. They had a few contests (dog/owner look alike, best costume, and a fetching competition) but basically it was a dog free for all at the waterpark. Dogs were off leashes and running around sopping wet chasing after tennis balls. It was great!!!! I think you really had to be a dog lover to enjoy something like this, otherwise it would have seemed chaotic and scary with all these dogs running around. All the dogs were so well behaved and friendly though. I never saw any dogs get aggressive. In fact, surprising a lot of the dogs didn't even interact much with each other, including Macy. They were just happy to be in the water and playing fetch with their owners. Ava loved watching all the dogs run around her. I think she wanted to get in the water with them but I didn't allow that to happen. Plus, for sanitary reasons they didnt allow any humans to be in the water passed their knees. I am so glad that they have something like this for the dogs to enjoy. We all had a great time and will for sure be doing it next year as well.



What a pretty girl. I love dogs, especially this one!

Our little family




Was not expecting that shake and was caught a little off guard :)


Didn't phase Ava


This is the pool where the dogs could swim around in and play fetch



Some dogs, like the one on the left, even had life jackets! haha. One lady had one on her tiny dog, makes a little more sense, and it had a handle on the top for her to just lift him out of the water and carry him around. She said "it's like carrying a six pack" hahahaha, and later I saw her husband carrying him around the waterpark just that way too. It was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.


They had this sprinkler thing by the pool so I let Ava play in it to cool down.




On our way home we stopped at Sonic and got a slushi and someone loved it




Aunt Alli and Greg came over to come to the pool party with us


Tickles from Aunt Alli


What a fun day for all!

1 comment:

Chad and Heather said...

Your pool looks amazing! Can't wait to have a playdate there next summer!