I am on the hunt for another free place to take Ava! The library's always great and I hear our church's kid tubes/playarea is always open so we will try that out once she is old enough. If anyone has other suggestions let me know! :)
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Who needs the zoo...
when you can go to Petland for FREE!!! Call me cheap but Ava had a blast!! She got to see some of her favorite animals free of charge and we only had to drive 2 minutes to get there! That's my kind of outing. It was so cute to see her face light up when we saw all the animals. She went right up to each cage and pointed to all the animals. People in the store thought I was nuts taking pictures of her but I didn't care.
We first saw the birds. The lady that worked in the store even put one of the huge birds on her shoulder for Ava to pet. (didn't get a picture of that because I was so worried it was going to peck at her)
and then we saw lots of colorful fish

This was what she got most excited about but the bunnies were sleeping in thier little shelter thing so she couldn't get a good look. Guess we'll have to go back!
It breaks my heart seeing these dogs like this. Ava and I wanted to take them all home with us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am all about free play! haha! one of our favorites last summer was the upscale toy store that puts out all their toys for you to play with. I always felt silly because I had no intention of buying anything and I am pretty sure the sales people could tell we were totally using them! haha I have been thinking we need to check out the pet store- I know Alex would love it too! :)
There is a place close to you in Lewisville called Going Bonkers. It costs $2.50 to get in, not free but definitely cheap and you can stay as long as you want. It's really cool.
Post a Comment