Friday, July 5, 2013

Last Day of School

Obviously, I am a little late with this post but better late than never!

Hard to believe she only has one more year of pre-school before Kindergarten. She is growing up way too fast and I am so proud of the big girl she is becoming.

A few things that I want to remember about Ava in the Leapers 3 year old class at Bright Beginnings...

-She LOVED school and her teachers, Ms. Sara and Ms. Kyoung, and couldn't wait to go every Tuesday and Thursday!
-She always gave me a kiss at the door and never hesitated or looked back as she walked into the door of her classroom.
-Her best friends were Lyla and Naomi.
-She took naps much more often this year than last year in the 2 year old class. She usually napped at least one of the days each week.
-Her teachers told me that she was very good at participating and speaking up in class (something I was pleasantly surprised about given her reserved demeanor around adults)
-We played at The Ark every day after school (or on the playground).
-Chapel days were some of her favorite.
-Her and I had a joint effort in picking out her school clothes. I gave her 2-3 options each morning and she chose from them and dressed herself.
-On a typical day the kids would do crafts, calendar/circle time (where they practice letters, numbers, days of the week, months, weather, etc..) bible stories, spanish, music and movement, centers, recess, and rest time.


First Day                                            
Last Day





Another picture from the first day of school in Sept. 2012 

We gave her teachers a pitcher with lemonade and a tag that said "thank you for pouring your heart into my life this year." 


 Here she is with her silly classmates!


What a great year!!


No comments: