We had our sonogram today and found out we are having a BABY GIRL! (Just like so many people predicted!) We couldn't be more excited about having a little girl! Hearing her heartbeat for the first time and seeing her as a little speck at 6 weeks was so special but today definitely takes the cake! Our hearts were filled with such joy seeing how much our baby had grown and then finding out it was a girl! It was a day I will never ever forget.Before the sonogram I drank some juice, by recommendation from Cassie, so that the baby would be awake and cooperate. Boy did she cooperate! She was wiggling so much. Her arms and legs were all over the place and she was arching her back almost like she was throwing a little temper tantrum. Oh no! At one point she put her fingers in her mouth and it looked like she was sucking on her fingers. I couldn't believe that she was moving that much inside me and I could not feel a thing! The doctor and sonogram technician checked each of her body parts and organs and said that everything looked perfect. We even could see the 4 chambers of her heart and her thin little spine. I was in awe! She currently weighs 9 0z. We got a DVD of the sonogram so hopefully we will be able to post it soon!
Mikey is going to have a house full of girls, including Macy of course, but I know he can handle it and is going to be the best dad. I can't wait to see him with his little girl. There is something so special about the bond between a father and daughter.
By the way, I think Macy is already starting to pout and get a little jealous. When I was on the phone sharing the news with some friends she went in our dark room and layed down all by herself. She NEVER does that. It was so strange. She is going to have to get used to the fact that it isn't always going to be about her anymore! Poor girl.
8 comments:
Yea! Isn't it the most amazing thing to see your baby inside of you!
i am so excited for you! what fun! hope to see you soon so we can catch up!
YES! I was hoping. Evey and her are going to be best friends...well BFF long distance :) We have clothes for you!
Woo hoo! So excited for you guys! Macy will get used to things. We've found that Houston is far more cuddly now that Ethan is around...just to get attention.
How exciting : ) I'm hoping to come down there sometime later on this year to visit...it's been a while!
Yeah, for a little girl! Congrats to you both. I have a feeling #2 for us is a girl as well, but we will see in another month. Hope you are feeling good. We should try to get together sometime soon. Take care and tell Mike hello.
Kristen
So excited for you guys! You are very right - the bond between a father and daughter is very special. It is such a wonderful relationship to get to experience.
We're soo happy for y'all and your little girl =) Much love and prayers from Rochester, MN!!!
Post a Comment