Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pumpkins at the Arboretum

On our second big family field trip we went to see the pumpkins at the Dallas Arboretum. It was the first gorgeous day in a long time so we wanted to take advantage of the nice weather and Mikey's last weekday off. I go to the Arboretum every year with my first graders but this was the first time for us to go as a family. I have to say I actually enjoyed being there this time and I appreciated the beauty of it so much more than I had before. The pumpkins that lined all the walkways and the huge pumpkin patch was the best part of our visit! We got some great pictures of our little punkin in the pumpkins! (grandparents, we will be posting all of them to shutterfly and we will send them to you soon. I know you will want some for your own)



One of my friends recently described Ava's fluffy hair perfectly when she said it looks like a dandelion. Mikey's hair was just like this as a baby.

Wearing her pumpkin shirt mommy made and the pretty cross necklace that her friend Evey gave her. Thanks to Brinley too for giving us this pretty brown bow and striped socks!






She put her arm on the pumpkin herself. She loved sitting in the grass surrounded by all these big orange things.


















7 comments:

Cassie said...

adorable and sooo fun! :) I really need a crafy mom like you to make some cute shirts for Alex! Know any around??! haha

Carla said...

OMG! I want to squeeze her!

Rikki said...

She is such a precious pumpkin! Great pictures! Sally and I miss you guys- hopefully we'll get to see you soon!

Unknown said...

Amazing pictures. Looks like a fun day. Can't wait to see you guys. The necklace looks so cute on her.

Jenny said...

oh these are beautiful pictures vaughanie! and that one with her hand on the pumpkin is the cutest thing ever! good job on the onsie too!

rebekah l. louis said...

beautiful photos!

Amy Mc said...

Such gorgeous pics- and I love the bow on Ava! Not too big at all!!