Sunday, July 19, 2009

4 Months Old!



4 month olds


She finally was interested in meeting her picture buddy. She decided to name him "Bubbles". She thought that was appropriate since she loves to blow bubbles. :)


Has 4 months really gone by since this little one came into the world? I think I ask myself that question with each passing month. This past month has seemed to be the most developmental for Ava so far. Since her 3 month old post she has started reaching and clinging on to her toys, burp cloths, her clothes, really anything she can get her little hands on. She is holding her head up on her own, with a tilt of course, so we have started putting her in the excersaucer so she can sit up and play with her toys. I almost got a little teary eyed when I saw her play in it for the first time. I cant believe she is old enough to be able to sit up and entertain herself! Up until this month all she could do was lay around and stare at the ceiling fan or toys dangling from her mobile!
Her physical therapy is continuing to go well. Each time her PT comes she shows us new exercises or stretches we can to help with Ava's neck alignment. She showed us some things to do on a yoga ball with her such as tummy time and some side stretches. The ball is great because the shape of the ball helps Ava to mold her body around the ball which makes the stretching a little more comfortable and easier. The rocking of the ball back and forth is a distraction for her also. She considers it playtime rather than "work" time. She still loves kicking her legs as hard as she can. It is extra funny in the bathtub because it creates quite a splash. We still have awhile before she can roll over on her own. We work on it in her physical therapy but I dont see it happening for at least a couple more weeks. This might be another area where she is a little behind other babies her age because of her torticollis and lack of range of motion.
Ava did have her first laugh a couple of weeks ago. Although we havent heard the belly laugh from her yet she does let out the occasion chuckle. As soon as we get the full on laugh we will try and capture it on video.
For the past two and half weeks Ava has woken up in the early morning, usually around 5. We are still baffled by this. At first we thought it was because of a growth spurt but now I think it is something else, maybe teething perhaps. We go to the pediatrician for her 4 month check up on Wednesday and this one is on my list of questions for her. I will have an update then with her measurement stats.
Happy 4 months old sweet Ava! I can't wait to see what firsts we will experience this next month!
I created this slideshow of pictures from the past month that didnt make it on the blog.

4 comments:

Cassie said...

LOVE it!!!!!!!!! you just made my day! :) that song always makes me tear up. cant believe she is so big and playing! i like your new haircut too! you are so silly for being sad- it looks really cute! as always you look great! :) I swear we will get to talk one of these days!! sorry friend- I have just been going and going it seems! SOON! until then I live for the posts!

Unknown said...

Just getting caught up on the blogs. Ava is so beautiful. I LOVE LOVE your new haircut...just gave me the courage to get mine chopped as well. Very nice work on the crafts.

Jenny said...

happy 4 month birthday ava! i can't get over what a a big girl you are, doing your tummy time and the way you look in your exersaucer! vaughanie, your haircut is PRECIOUS! what a pretty mommy/daughter pair!

Carla said...

Love the slideshow pics. What a beautiful family you all are :)