Tuesday, July 28, 2009

He's Done!!!

After two years of hard work and dedication Mikey has completed his Masters degree in Finance at SMU!! Tonight is his last class and I couldn't be more proud of this huge accomplishment! The icing on the cake is that he also passed Level 1 of the CFA exam!!!!! I am sure people thought he was crazy taking on so much at once, I mean this test is no walk in the park and only a small percentage of people pass it the first time! Studying for this exam, working full time, going to school at night, and spending time with our new little family has not been easy for him (or me for that matter) but we knew it was all worth it. I have never met anyone more driven than my husband and he is such a good example of if you put your mind to something it will happen. He never gave up and has worked his butt off the last two years. I am so proud of you sweetie! Congratulations from your girls. (see, I told you you were a genius!)
1st day of school photo- Aug. 2007
(you know he can't take a normal picture!)

6 comments:

Cassie said...

so cute in his backpack...reminds me of our good ole days (sigh) AWESOME job Michael :)

Anonymous said...

Mikey!!

I am so happy for you. We are all so proud. I kow it hasn't been easy but YOU DID IT!!! wow congratulations on the exam to. What an accomplishment. I know that GOd gave you the perseverance and fortitude to make it all the way.We love you!
MommaC and Bri:)

Tana said...

WOOHOO! Congrats Mikey!

Jenny said...

congratulations mikey! i am so impressed with all that you have done, and done so well at that! what a super daddy you are! : )
and wow, congratulations on passing the test the first time!

mike said...

Thanks to each of you for your thoughtful comments!

I have the best wife ever to allow me to go back to school and be away from home this much between class and studying. She even had balloons, a card, and champagne waiting when I got home last night!

So, thanks to my sweet wife Kristen for your support and love throughout this journey...I love you!!

Renae said...

Well I was doing the blog hop and came across your post. That deserves and a Congrats on that accomplishment!!